Monday, November 30, 2009

Disappointed

The elections, came and left. Pepe won as most predicted, but I still am disappointed. I applied to be an international observer, in Catacamas. I was told that yes I could be an international observer, but would get back to me if I could be in Catacamas. So I waited and waited and then finally I e-mail and then called TSE they told me no- they would only have observers in Tegus. I thought that was pretty stupid, but what can you do. I told them no ,I could not be in Tegus.

Sunday came around I was in Catacamas- doing nothing, nothing at all. Then I was told by the locals that there were two international observers in Catacamas, down and the main school, from Idaho.

Highly Disappointed. I applied, had such high expectations and then nothing. The friends of mine that applied to be an observer never heard anything back. If the words fraud are heard well I have lost sympathy- the TSE have no one to blame but themselves.

1 comment:

La Gringa said...

I don't know what happened. I was told that the TSE was totally overloaded trying to process the volunteers. The Alianza was being told that the official invitations had been sent, but after checking, they found that they weren't. I don't understand it either. I did some 'observing' on my own. I hope next time, they get more organized.