Wednesday, April 23, 2008

My karma

They tell me in happiness, they tell me in wish fullness, they tell me of the past, and they tell me of the future. They tell me about the USA. Its an odd feeling, they tell me they are going to the States, and by going I mean to live. How should I feel? They are going there to work and have a better life. Many will come back, some will stay. With the money they will build a house in Honduras, they will start a buisness and live a better life. Should I feel upset? They will be paid under the table if they are only there for a few years not paying taxes, they will be living in fear that they will be deported they whole time. They will be robbed, and they wont report it, they will be sick and work, they will do anything for that money. Do they deserve it? They go because there country is poor, they work Monday through Saturday from seven thirty in the morning to seven at night and get paid $200.00 a month, if they are lucky.
They are going to my country illegally through Mexico or by flying with a tourist with no plans on returning after that 6 month. How do you decided who is deserving? Is they family that flew there because the Dad stole large sums of money from the back deserving? Is the family with two kids and a working mom deserving? or perhaps is the Mom who has a job, an infant daughter, and a husband that is willing to leave it all? Who decidides? I dont want to.
By karma or their parents choices or what ever you happen to belive they where born at a time when there country was at its lowest economic state, and by good karma, or my parents decisions I was born into a country which happened to be economiclly powerful. Should I hold this against them, or should they hold it against me?

No comments: